Talking specifically about you and me, there are 3 verses in the Bible that say important truths about us:
Psalm 139:13 (Good News), “You (God) created every part of me. You put me
together in my mother’s womb.”
Vs. 14 (LB), “Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
It is amazing to think about. Your workmanship is marvelous.”
Job 10:8, “Your hands shaped me and made me.”
From these verses you can take some obvious principles:
1. I am unique. You are unique. There is nobody else in the world like you or me. There never will be. When God made you He broke the mold. You won’t find two people in the whole world who have the same footprint or fingerprint or voiceprint. Why did God make you different from every person who’s ever lived? Because He wants you to know how special you are, how much you matter to God.
2. We are wonderfully complex. You might say, ok define complex? If you check the dictionary definition, something complex is characterized by a very complicated or involved arrangement of parts, units, etc. The fact is we are so complex that many times we are a mystery to ourselves.
• Have you ever said something and later thought, ‘What was I thinking when I said that?”
• Have you ever felt a certain way and later thought, “Why do I feel thisway? What’s happening to me?”
• Have you ever been in a group and everybody reacted one way to a circumstance and you found yourself reacting in the exact opposite way to everyone else in the group? Inside you’re thinking, “What’s wrong with me?” There’s nothing wrong with you, you’re just unique.
3. We were shaped for a purpose! God created everything in the world for a purpose, the Bible says, including you.
• You’re not here by accident. You’re not just taking up space. God made you for a reason.
• You were designed by God and it was His idea. It’s not a mistake. You were planned before birth. God did not simply sit down at a computer and randomly access a bunch of components and threw them all together and out came you.
• The Bible clearly says that you were purposefully, personally and orderly planned and designed by God. Check this out: His loving hand made you exactly the way you are. You are you because God wanted you to be you. Isn't that awesome!
• Your uniqueness is what God wants you to offer to the world. He wants you to be special :)So just tell yourself this:
God made me. God loves me.
Btw check out this song!!
Group 1 Crew-Live out Loud
here's the Youtube link:
here's the lyrics link:
It's amazing and speaks about how amazing God created you and me :D